In this video, Craftside blogger/author/craftster Stephanie Girard shows us how to make bird-like upcycled sweater bookmarks. Joining Stephanie Girard in this video is Jennie Hinchcliff, co-author of Good Mail Day. We're shown how to use a die cutting machine to die cut some sweaters and recycle them into bookmarks. In this example, we use a felted wool sweater and a Hello Kitty die cutting machine. With this tool it is simple to cut out a bird-shaped piece of the sweater. Then you place it on a needle felting brush. Then, we place a pre-cut-out wing on top. Next, you hold the two layers down firmly with a toothpick, and use your needle felting tool on it. This tool has sharp barbed needles and you'll start to see the layers will join. This is very easy! When you see the fibers coming through the other side, you are done. Then, attach a piece of yarn and you've got a nice bookmark!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades